There is a very easy posture to do Gorakshasana, and it also has many benefits. It is one of the rugs for sitting.
Goraksasana is named after the great Yogi Goraksanatha. Yogi Gorakshanath has often been seen in this posture.
By performing Gorakshasana, digestion is strengthened and all problems related to the stomach are removed. By performing Gorakshasana, the intellect becomes sharp, and memory also develops. Problems like dreaming, debility of the neck, insomnia, asthma are diagnosed by this asana.
This asana is also beneficial for the strength of the muscles in the body. Also, by doing this asana, the body is also thin. Know about the method of performing Gorakhshasana, its benefits and precautions to be taken.
Method of performing cow protection
- To do this asana, first of all, spread a carpet or a pedestal. And then sit on it. After this, spread your legs towards the front.
- Keep in mind that your back should be straight.
- Now bend the legs from the knees and pull the feet together.
- After this, raise your body slightly and sit on your ankles. Keep your back straight even at this time.
- Allow both of your knees to be grounded and keep your hands on your knees. In this posture, both your back and neck should be straight.
- In this case, stop according to your capacity and then come back to the initial position.
- Doing this way will complete one cycle.
- Do this whole process for 3 to 5 cycles.
- While doing this mudra, the breath should be normal.
- You can increase its time when practiced.
- Take these precautions during practice
- If a person complains of knee or back pain, then they should not practice this yoga as it may increase their pain.
- Apart from this, people suffering from spine related disease or cervical should also stay away from this yoga practice.
- If a person is suffering from obesity, then he should do this yoga asana under the supervision of a yoga expert.
Benefits of daily practice of cow protection
- If you practice Goraksasana daily then it makes your knees strong and relieves joint pain including hip. Posture of the body also remains correct with this Yogasana.
- Apart from this, this yoga asana also helps in eliminating the problems in the kidneys.
- Along with this, this asana is also beneficial for removing problems occurring during pregnancy.
- Do not create any kind of tension in the body while practicing this Yogasana and if you are going to practice this Yogasan for the first time, then first of all understand the process thoroughly and then only practice it.
- Apart from this, do some light stretching exercises before practicing this Yogasan.
- While practicing this Yogasan, keep an empty stomach and do not wear tight clothes.
Yoga can play an important role in keeping the body healthy, so every person must practice some yogasan regularly.
If we talk about important yoga asanas then it also includes Gorakshasana which by practicing regularly provides many physical and mental health benefits.
There are also many health benefits of doing yoga asana that you can get by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.